The Port of Figueira da Foz is located in district of Coimbra, with the central region of Portugal and central of Spain (Castilla y Léon) as its natural hinterland. It is located in the Iberian corridor Portugal-Irun of the Trans European network of transports. The main infrastructures of this corridor are mutually complementary.
The APFF, S.A. has the attributions of Port Authority in the Port of Figueira da Foz, with jurisdiction on port terrains, areas of expansion and areas of Maritime Public Domain adjacent to the Mondego River estuary.
See or download Figueira da Foz Port Map
The port of Figueira da Foz assumes the role of facilitating a competitive access of goods to the regional, national and international markets promoting the development of the central region of Portugal
• Reinforced concrete stack terminal with 462 m long and 5 berthing positions, with adjacent depths of - 6.00 m
• 35 000 sq. meters of leveled ground.
• Total warehouse area of 4750 sq. meters (3 warehouses 1250 sq. meters each and 1 partially enclosed with 1000 sq. meters).
See the flyer "PORT OF AVEIRO AND PORT OF FIGUEIRA DA FOZ - A Logistic Solution to the Centre of Portugal and Spain" in PDF format
Reinforced concrete stack terminal with 420 m long and 4 berthing positions with depths of -7.00 m.
• Total warehouse area of 3600 sq. meters (1 warehouse with 1100 sq. meters and 2 enclosed warehouses with 2500 sq. meters)
• 40 000 sq. meters of leveled ground with a container parking area with the capacity for 1200 TEUS
Marina Dock central building with reception services for mariners, and two convenience shops, one providing fuel for the boats, among other most needed products, and the second one selling essentially nautical products. 2 reception pontoons, the one on the east side with fuel station.
19800 sq. meters of wet area. There are diverse industrial activities located on the marginal areas, mainly connected to fishing and port infra-structure construction, and two shipyards.
There are two companies for construction and ship repair: Atlantic Eagle Shipbuilding and “Naval Centro” shipyard. Both are located in the codfishers dock.
Fish landing dock with 35.000 sq. meters of wet area and navigation depths of - 6.00 m with a service dock with 90.000 sq. meters of wet area and navigation depths of - 4.00 m and - 2.00 m respectively.
The fish discharging pier comprises 250 m of length.